Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

DMOZ Dump probs :(

Quote Reply
DMOZ Dump probs :(
Mmm..this is really odd. I have made a script to verify that the category Top/Regional/North_America/United_States/Pennsylvania exists (see below)....but for some reason, when using the SSH command, it doesn't like finding it anbd adding it to Links SQL :( I'm pretty sure the commad is right, as I was using it to import some of the other categories not long ago. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. I've spent the whole of today, and last weekend trying to get this to work Frown

The script I'm using o verify the category still exists in the dump file is;

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

open(DMOZ, "content.rdf.u8") || die "uinable to open file...reason: $!";

while (<DMOZ>) {

if ($_ =~ /Top\/Regional\/North_America\/United_States\/Pennsylvania/) {

print "Content-type: text/html \n\n";
print "Found it! <BR> <font color=red>$_</font>";
}

}

close(DMOZ);

And the command I am entering in SSH to get it to import is;

perl /home/dumps/public_html/links_sql/admin/nph-import.cgi --import=RDF --source=/home/dumps/public_html/regional.dump.slice --destination=/home/dumps/public_html/links_sql/admin/defs --rdf-category="Top/Regional/North_America/United_States/Pennsylvania" --rdf-add-date="2001-01-01" --rdf-destination="Pennsylvania" --rdf-update

Any ideas are appreciated..I just can't see where I'm going wrong :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] DMOZ Dump probs :( In reply to
>>The script I'm using o verify the category still exists in the dump file is<<

I don't understand the point of the script...the category will always exist.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] DMOZ Dump probs :( In reply to
The idea of the script was to proove the category was there (DMOZ have been having some weird problems with their RDF filesa recently). I was just checking to see if it existed....but nph-import.cgi still doesnt like finding the category :(

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] DMOZ Dump probs :( In reply to
Erk..worked out my problem. Had a little read of the Cron message that was sent. This is what I got;

Quote:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-type: text/html

<html>

<head>
<title>Links SQL Import</title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
<table bgColor="#ffffff" border="0" cellPadding="3" cellSpacing="3" width="500"
valign="top">
<tr>
<td align="left" bgColor="navy"><b><font color="#ffffff" size="2" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">Link
SQL Import/Backup/Restore</font></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<p align="center"><b><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">Link
SQL Import</font></b></p>
<p><font size="2" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">This tool will allow you to easily
migrate from a previous
version of Links, or backup and restore your data. For more information on the
specific options, please
consult the <b><a href="nph-import.cgi?help=1&Interface_CGI=1">Help</a></b></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td></tr>
</table>

<p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>A fatal error has occured:</font></p><blockquote><pre>Links::Config
(10961): Unable to load './Links/ConfigData.pm': No such file or directory. at /home/dumps/public_html/links_sql/admin/Links/Import/Interface/CGI.pm
line 173.
</pre></blockquote><p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>Please enable debugging
in setup for more details.</font></p>
Links::Config (10961): Unable to load './Links/ConfigData.pm': No such file or directory.
at /home/dumps/public_html/links_sql/admin/Links/Import/Interface/CGI.pm line 173.

There is something weird going on here, as /home/dumps/public_html/links_sql/admin/Links/ DOES have a ConfigData.pm file Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Mmm...weird thing is that when running the same command via SSH it works ok Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Try the fix:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=185180;

and let me know if that works.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] DMOZ Dump probs :( In reply to
Thanks, it worked Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk