Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Creating own templates, how generate the HTML-Files?

Quote Reply
Creating own templates, how generate the HTML-Files?
Hi!

I'm very new in Links SQL and have a question about templates.

An example:
I have link-columns name, shortText, longText etc...
Now I include the name and the shortText in the category.html-Template. Below the link should be a "=> More"-Link.
And if i click on this link, I want to reach the html-File with the long-Text.
That means, I have to create a new template for the longText-file, ok, but how can I reach, that this is automatically generated, too?

Thanks for helping,
Tina
Quote Reply
Re: [tga] Creating own templates, how generate the HTML-Files? In reply to
Hi,

This extra file would normally be the detailed page template. If you are using static pages, you will need to turn on build detail pages in setup. If you are using dynamic pages, you may want to use Pugdogs detail page plugin instead.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Creating own templates, how generate the HTML-Files? In reply to
And if this should be not one page, but 6 or ten pages ?

That means, the "more"-link leads to the detailed-page and from there you can get to maybe 10 other pages, which are all created by LinksSQL with different templates.

How can I reach, that all of these are generated automatically?

Thanks for helping, Tina
Quote Reply
Re: [tga] Creating own templates, how generate the HTML-Files? In reply to
If you don't mind these extra pages being dynamic then you could use Pugdog's detail page plugin. For the first page you would use detail.cgi then any extra pages you could use detail.cgi?Page=2 etc. Then in the detail page template you could have

<%if Page == 2%>Whatever you want on the second page<%elsif Page == 3%>Stuff for the 3rd page<%elsif ...%>...<%else%>the first page<%endif%>

The bits on the different pages could come from columns in the Links table.

If you want static pages, I think you may be able to do this with Ivan's PageBuilder plugin.