Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Count download hits too

Quote Reply
Count download hits too
How can I count Download software hits?

I mean I am running a script directory and would like to count outgoing hits by "Download" also, if possible I would also like to display "total" of "visit site" hits + " download" hits.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [TRPN] Count download hits too In reply to
You'd have to do the following:

1) Add a column called Downloads (INT, NOT NULL, Default=0)

2) Create another table similar to the Hit_Track table and call it something like Download_Track

3) Then copy your jump.cgi script and in that script rather than incrementing the "Hits" field, increment the "Download" column.

4) Then you'd have to add a global or plugin for the build script to refresh the Download "count" similar to how "HIts" are refreshed in the database on each build.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Count download hits too In reply to
Quote:
1) Add a column called Downloads (INT, NOT NULL, Default=0)

2) Create another table similar to the Hit_Track table and call it something like Download_Track

3) Then copy your jump.cgi script and in that script rather than incrementing the "Hits" field, increment the "Download" column.

4) Then you'd have to add a global or plugin for the build script to refresh the Download "count" similar to how "HIts" are refreshed in the database on each build.

You only need a new column to increment, not a new table. Then you could create a small custom cgi script based on jump.cgi:

$DB->table('Links')->update( { Downloads => \'Downloads + 1' }, { ID => $some_id } );

Btw the table is ClickTrack not Hit_Track

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 23, 2002, 2:23 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TRPN] Count download hits too In reply to
Check my detail_page.cgi plugin. It counts site_visits, which is analogous to what you are wanting to do.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.