Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Conflicting admin_root_path Errors

Quote Reply
Conflicting admin_root_path Errors
My server recently moved my files and since then nothing is working anymore. Even though nothing should have changed, it looks like the paths are screwed up. Fixing them produces another problem...

Originally I couldn't even get the admin screen to load. In ConfigData.pm I changed the admin_root_path to /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql and the admin screen worked. However, that path is incorrect and now produces a (file not found) error when trying to use the Build Options and some other options. I think it should be /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin but putting in the correct path once again gives me an error for the admin screen.

Any ideas where i've gone wrong? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [biglion] Conflicting admin_root_path Errors In reply to
Which paths did you update? .cgi scripts? .pm files?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Conflicting admin_root_path Errors In reply to
I updated all the files I could find (.cgi and .pm) to /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql... which should be the correct path. All I did was add the /home portion of the path.

Previously,
some were already /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql...
and some were just /mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql...
yet somehow everything worked before the server move even with the different paths.
Quote Reply
Do your error logs show anything?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
unable to open directory: '/home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql/templates' (No such file or directory) at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 403.

The reason for the error seems to be the path:
'/home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql/templates'
should be '/home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin/templates'
but when I add the /admin to the admin_root_path in ConfigData.pm or in the Setup Options the admin screen no longer works.
Quote Reply
Afraid I don't have a clue. GT, myself and other people offer services to fix this kind of thing up, but its almost impossible to guess the problem via a forum Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thanks. I guess i'll try to rerun Initial Setup and if that fails i'll try to reinstall. Other than new template files and the database itself is there anything else I should be backing up or be careful about?