Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Column X cannot be left blank and X cannot contain the value ''

Quote Reply
Column X cannot be left blank and X cannot contain the value ''
Hi,

I do have a column added where I do store images. When I try to delete an image, i do get these errors:
  • Column IMAGE cannot be left blank
  • IMAGE cannot contain the value ''
The properties for the column do look like this:

Column Name:
Colum Type: VARCHA
R
Colum Size: 255
Not Null: YES
---
Form Display: IMAGE
Form Type: FILE
Form Size: 20
File Save Method: HASHED
File Max Size: 500000
Form Regex: ^[\w-]+\.(?:mov|MOV)$

All other fields: empty

Any idea how to work around this error? I need to delete a few images to replace them with other one.

Greetings,
Sven

Quote Reply
Re: [sun112] Column X cannot be left blank and X cannot contain the value '' In reply to
You have set up the field to not accept empty values, so you can't just delete the file. You have to replace it by specifying/uploading a new file to replace it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Column X cannot be left blank and X cannot contain the value '' In reply to
Yes, but, when I do check the "Delete" box and specify a new file, I do get this message, too.
Quote Reply
Re: [sun112] Column X cannot be left blank and X cannot contain the value '' In reply to
Don't check delete.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Column X cannot be left blank and X cannot contain the value '' In reply to
Ah, ok, w/out checking delete it's ok (strange).

Should "Not Null" be set to Yes or No ?

Thanks,

Sven Smile
Quote Reply
Set it to Yes if you don't want to allow empty values (ie. require a file to be uploaded). Note that it really doesn't matter in this case because the regex doesn't allow a file to not be uploaded.

Adrian