Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Charset changing

Quote Reply
Charset changing
Hi,

Is there any "easy" way to change templates and database data from charset win-1250 to UTF-8?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] Charset changing In reply to
Hi,

Have you tried simply changing the header <meta> to use utf-8 instead? Depending on your setup, it may could be as easy as that :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Charset changing In reply to
:)

Yeah, I've tried that but with no luck. Nor data/text in templates was transmitted good nor data from mysql.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Mmm, well templates shouldn't need to be in UTF8 to work as UTF8. I've done tons of sites where they are not set as UTF8, and they work just fine. Usually its cos you have the charset incorrectly set in the GLinks settings (Setup > Build Options I believe).

There is no need to actually convert the templates into UTF8 (as that actually causes more headaches too, if you edit them via the admin panel - as they don't get written as UTF8). Personally, I would suggest duplicating the site and just playing around with it :) (I wouldn't do it on the live site, just in case something gets screwed up when you change it Whistle)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Charset changing In reply to
Ok. Will try. Thx for suggestion!

And what about database? Is there any "easy" way to convert it? (have many local chars in it like š &#273; &#269; &#263; ž)

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Again, I believe that should be fine. Do you have it as latin1?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk