Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Changing email-add.txt during link validation

Quote Reply
Changing email-add.txt during link validation
Hello,

When validating links in Admin, there is a textarea box in each link form displaying email-del.txt which allows for easy editing of the email for each link.

How would I add another textarea box displaying the default email-add.txt file so that I could have the option of customizing this email for that specific link?

Thanks
ronzo
Quote Reply
Re: [ronzo] Changing email-add.txt during link validation In reply to
Hi-

I wanted the same modification. I've attached a file called Tools_modified.pm. It is modified so that when you go to validate links, you will get a text box that says: Validate and Email Reason, instead of the one that says Delete and Email Reason. Then you can modify the text (from email-add.txt) for that specific validation email.

You would need to back-up the original Tools.pm file, and then use this attached file renamed to Tools.pm. (It goes in the directory: admin/Links/Tools.pm).

This works for Links SQL 2.1.0. I'm not sure how it works on other versions, but you can try. Just make sure you back up your original Tools.pm file in case it doesn't!

You can see where the original Tools.pm file was modified by searching for # mod

-FrankM
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Changing email-add.txt during link validation In reply to
Thanks for the reply Frank.

I'm using Links 2.1.2 and your mod almost but doesn't quite work. The text box does show up with email-add.txt, and Validate and Email Reason, instead of email-del.txt (Delete and Email Reason). However an error occurs when validating:

"A fatal error has occured: GT::Mail (16222): No message head was specified at /bin/links/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 1202."

And the email was of course not sent, although the link is validated and added to the database.

I think this is on the right path, but I don't really want to simply substitute "Validate and Email Reason" for "Delete and Email Reason". What I would really like is to have both of them available, since there are times when I would like to modify or personalize both the accept and reject emails.

ronzo
Quote Reply
Re: [ronzo] Changing email-add.txt during link validation In reply to
Hi guys,

Did either of you manage to crack this problem at all? If so how did you manage it?

Cheers,

Hannah
Quote Reply
Re: [hannahmackenzie] Changing email-add.txt during link validation In reply to
Nope. I haven't found a solution, and now that I'm working full time at my "real job" and also a second job, I don't have the time to pursue it. Frown

Basically, I have a desire during the link validation process of modifying two email notification options:

1) Validate and Email Reason
2) Delete and Email Reason

I think that the ability to be able to add the "Validate and Email Reason" option would be great because sometimes I would like to let the link submitter know for example why I changed the requested category of the submitted link. On the other hand I would also still like to be able to let the link submitter distinctly know why the link was rejected.

I would really like to find a solution to this, so if anyone could take a stab at it, that would be great.

Cheers,
ronzo