Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Change Search params in URL

Quote Reply
Change Search params in URL
Hi:

Had a couple search params I wanted to change, but was not sure if I could override the Links defaults by putting new commands in the URL. The specific params I would like to override are:

Sort Order
Show Category

Here is the search I use now:

http://www.comics-db.com/...l=or&substring=0

and I would just like to add to that.

Can I change these, and if so, what are the codes?

Thanks!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Change Search params in URL In reply to
Hi,

For "Search Order", I believe you can use so=field. I'm not sure what your trying to achieve with the second one though?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Change Search params in URL In reply to
Hi Andy:

VERY esoteric reason, something probably ONLY pplicable to my site... and even there, it is a very special search.

Please follow the link I supplied above.

You will see results for Batman, then Robin, Then Robin/Limited Series. (Cat titles.) Click on any of the links... lets say Batman 455- the Title of this book is "Identity Crisis, Part 1"... this story is called "Identity Crisis, Part 1" and comic books being the strange animal that they are, this is the FIRST story in an arc called "A Hero Reborn."

As in this case, sometimes the arc does theough a number of different series (or Categories in Links-speak). I would like one to be able to click on the Story Arc link and get the whole Arc layed out, in Date order, with NO categories.

I tested SO, that works (I would add "so=Add_Date")... but I would also like to loose the Categories entirely. There are some story arcs that have parts 1-4 in the March issues of Superman, Action Comics, Batman and Detective Comics (as an example), then parts 5-8 in the April editions of those same series... I wuld like the results to be in JUST date order, not divided by Series/Categories....
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] Change Search params in URL In reply to
Hi,

Mmm, far from turning off Setup > Search Options > build_search_gb, I'm not sure how you could get rid of the category stuff :/

Maybe GT have a suggestion? =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Change Search params in URL In reply to
Yeah- and normally, I want that on for regular searches. For this rather weird search, though, I would love to know if I can override that!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase