Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Category
I'd like to put the Category at the top of each page....How can I do that? Just the category, not the title_row.
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Category In reply to
try the category_short variable.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Category In reply to
Okay, brain-dead. How do I do that?
Quote Reply
<%category_short%>

Adrian
Quote Reply
You can also put:

<%GT::Template::dump%>

on a template and when you view it, you will see a list of all the tags available on that page. Great for figuring out what is available.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Category In reply to
How about site name? For the Detailed page, instead of the full title row, I just want the site name.
Quote Reply
As Alex said, you can put <%GT::Template::dump%> on any page and it will display all the available template tags on that page.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Considering how it's acting up, I'm almost afraid to do then. Even if I was sure how. What, I put <%GT::Template::dump%> in a template save it and run build or what?
Quote Reply
Yeah, add it to, say the bottom of the template, that you wish to see what tags are available. So if you wanted to see what variables are available on the homepage (home.html), then you can just add <%GT::Template::dump%> to the bottom of the page. Then when you load up the page, it'll show a big table of all the variables available.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Okay, great. Did that. Got a bunch of gobbly-gook. So what am I looking at and what am I looking for????
Quote Reply
Nevermind...got it worked out.