Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Cannot upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.5!

Quote Reply
Cannot upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.5!
Hello!

I try to update the version 2.0.2 to 2.0.5 and it stops in between.

If I choose

User Templates and Images and Program Files

to skip or overwrite, it stops in between at the point -

images/fileman/toolbar/undo.gif in matched directory!

Most likely its cgi CPU timeout problem of the server.

Is there any way to upgrade it? Or are there anything I should change?
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] Cannot upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.5! In reply to
Hi,

If possible, try installing the Digest::MD5 module. The program does a check of each file to see if it's changed since it was installed. If it has changed, then it gets backed up, otherwise it gets overwritten.

Without Digest::MD5, it can take a while. Links SQL 2.1.0, will have a "lite" option that does not do md5 checks for systems that can't handle it.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Cannot upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.5! In reply to
Hello Alex!

Oh, this is certainly not the problem.

I have checked the server configuration and following are the modules installed. May be the versions are not the ones required. They are:

Digest-MD5-2.11
Digest-Perl-MD5-1.2

It is the CPU restriction problem. Looks like.

But regardless of this, it may be better to reduce the unzipping of the tarball of install.dat anyway. For every user who is updating, in the first step the most important files needs to be unpacked. Then one clicks on the button and it starts the second step. Like this one knows exactly where it gets blocked.

When there is a CPU restriction on any server, then the first would be obviously the program files to be unpacked and the last would be help files.

I find this very necessary for all scripts. For any script if this CPU restrictions are considered then it would help and cover many more users having problems.