Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can an Editor edit a specific category?

Quote Reply
Can an Editor edit a specific category?
Is it possible to create just main categories (no subcats) and then have one (1) editor for each specific category? Next question: could an editor also manage a bunch of categories (2 or 5 or more)?

If there is no way of doing that, can someone let me know how much it would cost to program something like that?

I tried to look it up in this forum and "Your search for editor returned 846 results" but I didn't find anything useful there.
Quote Reply
Re: [Reginald] Can an Editor edit a specific category? In reply to
You can assign Editors to as many categories as you want and they will be able to manage them.
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Can an Editor edit a specific category? In reply to
Where can I do that? I was looking at Admin - Database - Users but that doesn't seem to be it. Maybe I need a plugin to accomplish what I want?
Quote Reply
No, you don't need a plug-in. Just go to database then to category. Select the category and in the menu to the upper right you'll see a link Editor. Click that and there you can add Editors.
Quote Reply
That's odd, I can't see it. Wen I go to Database - Category - Modify - Go there is no Editor link nor button. Maybe I'm using an older version? I have version 2.1.2. Or maybe I have to activate Editors in the Setup? I looked but couldn't find anything. Sorry for all those questions. Crazy
Quote Reply
Sorry!!!! Gave you incorrect info...brain-dead this early in the morning. Go to Browse, select the category you want to add an Editor to and then you will get an Editors link in the upper right menu.
Quote Reply
This is either very hard to do or I'm missing something very simple. I have 4 cats; 3 were created in Database, Category, Add and one in Browse. When I click Browse now, I see this:

Category Browser:

Home

When I click the right arrow ... wait ... Wait ... EUREKA!!! Found it! You have to click that bloody little arrow. * * *. Hey, development guys, this was totally unclear to me! Cool Maybe you could somehow modify that in a next version... Wink

Last edited by:

Andy: Oct 3, 2003, 8:51 AM
Quote Reply
Glad you got it working. Please refrain from swearing though Wink I've edited your post to *** the word out :p

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!