Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs"

Quote Reply
Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs"
I recently upgraded the script to version 2.1.2 and installed the plugin SearchSpell. Now when I try to Build Changed I get:

Creating backup file ...
A fatal error has occured:
Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 83.

Any idea what caused this?

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Re: [kriis] Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" In reply to
Please turn on debugging and look for the error.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" In reply to
In Reply To:
Please turn on debugging and look for the error.

I did Paul but I am not exactly sure what I am reading:

Stack Trace

======================================

Links (4665): Links::environment called at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.

Links (4665): Links::fatal called at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 83 with arguments

(Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 83.

).

Links (4665): GT::SQL::Table::new called at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 122 with arguments

(GT::SQL::Table, name, lsql_MyLinks_Rating, connect, HASH(0x820c024), debug, 0, _err_pkg, GT::SQL::Table).

Links (4665): GT::SQL::Base::new_table called at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 63 with arguments

(GT::SQL=HASH(0x820bf7c), lsql_MyLinks_Rating).

Links (4665): GT::SQL::Base::table called at /home/sites/www.domain.com/web/db/admin/Links/Import/S2BK.pm line 114 with arguments

(GT::SQL=HASH(0x820bf7c), MyLinks_Rating).

Links (4665): Links::Import::S2BK::import called at /home/sites/site/web/db/admin/nph-build.cgi line 302 with arguments

(HASH(0x833fa1c), CODE(0x8235978), CODE(0x8235a2c), CODE(0x8237838), CODE(0x82378d4)).

Links (4665): main::_build_backup called at /home/sites/site/web/db/admin/nph-build.cgi line 111 with no arguments.

Links (4665): main::build_changed called at /home/sites/site/web/db/admin/nph-build.cgi line 39 with no arguments.

Links (4665): main::main called at /home/sites/site/web/db/admin/nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Re: [kriis] Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" In reply to
Is that everything or is there any more further down the page?
Quote Reply
Thanks I got your pm.

Does this error go away when you uninstall the SearchSpell plugin?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Can't use string ("unique") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" In reply to
No, it must have been caused by the upgrade to 2.1.2.

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
I don't mind taking a look if you don't mind giving me access.

Alternatively you could try and run the installer again and see if it fixes the problem.

Did you see no errors during the upgrade?