Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC

Quote Reply
Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC
Hello,
My site recently started reporting errors and not loading. The site is here (.htaccess temporarily disabled):

http://www.urbanbands.com/cgi-bin/links/page.cgi?d=1

The error:
Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/ /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin//GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 19. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin//GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 19. Compilation failed in require at /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 74.

MYSQL.pm line 19:
use DBD::mysql 1.19_03;

Debugging is enabled, so 'Environment' and 'System Information' can be seen on the page linked above.

I have contacted my host provider and asked them to fix this and they said:
Quote:
Reviewing this site, it appears that the error is may be due to your @INC referencing a folder that contains two '/' characters as shown in the following:

Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/ /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin//GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin//GT/SQL/Driver/MYSQL.pm line 19.
Compilation failed in require at /home/urban/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 74.

While we do provide support for our hosting plans and various Content Management Systems (CMS), we do not provide support for coding issues due to both complexity as well as liability due to legal concerns. I would suggest reviewing these errors with your team or consulting an external developer to resolve this.

I have host provider that DBD is required and they claim it is installed.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? or what I can tell my host provider so that they will try to fix it for me?

Is it possible that the version number "1.19_03" needs to be changed/removed?

Thank you,
Chris
RGB World, Inc. - Software & Web Development.
rgbworld.com
Quote Reply
Re: [rgbworld] Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC In reply to
Hi,

If it has suddenly started doing it, I expect your host has upgraded the servers software and not put it back in.

If you send them this, can they confirm that its located at one of these locations?

Quote:
/usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/lib64/perl5
/usr/share/perl5

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [rgbworld] Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC In reply to
BTW, I would advise turning off the debugging (as that gives out a lot of info). Only turn it on when you are testing (I know you said that you've turned the front end off with a htaccess, but they could still end up on user.cgi, search.cgi etc)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!