Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't backup data to 310.

Quote Reply
Can't backup data to 310.
Hi, I have been dealing with Jack on this but I still can't figure out what's wrong. I have also been on the forum looking around and tried a few things but nothing has worked so far. Had some problems w/ the install because of moving folders around etc. but Jack did a fresh install that works but we can't get my backup to work. One post mentioned the prefix being different in the server setup from the backup file. If this is a problem, should the server set up say "lsql_" instead of "glinks_" to make the backup work? Also is "666" the right setting for the backup file? And, as per discussion with my IT person, what path should be put in "Location of backup file" ? I have almost 700 links and lots of categories, I really would rather not start from scratch as I'm already very stretched. My server is Windows 2003 and I'm running mysql. Thank a lot, S
Quote Reply
Re: [shell] Can't backup data to 310. In reply to
In Reply To:
One post mentioned the prefix being different in the server setup from the backup file. If this is a problem, should the server set up say "lsql_" instead of "glinks_" to make the backup work?
The new server should use the same prefix as used on the old server.

In Reply To:
Also is "666" the right setting for the backup file?
It shouldn't matter, just as long as you have enough permissions to read the file.

In Reply To:
And, as per discussion with my IT person, what path should be put in "Location of backup file" ?
That should be the full path to where the backup file will be saved, or restored from.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Can't backup data to 310. In reply to
hi, thanks. About the path, we're talking the server path, drive, root etc., for the path or is it my local path (network) on my hard drive? I'm having a disagreement w/my IT guy. S