Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Can't back up data

Quote Reply
Can't back up data
I just finished moving Links SQL to a wonderful new server and Host - wiredon.net.

Everything is working great, except I'm unable to back-up my data via Database - Import/Export. Here is the error I'm getting. Thanks, April

Import/Export

Import/Export

Please be patient, this can take a while...

A fatal error has occured:

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

A. Lougheed
IndyLinks.com
webmaster@indylinks.com
Quote Reply
Re: [aprillougheed] Can't back up data In reply to
Just taking a stab here...

could be an improperly installed DBD module that could be causing the problem.

I would recommend search for MySQL error 255 via Google and you'll find quite a few references.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Can't back up data In reply to
Hi Eliot,

The DBD module is fine as there are several copies of Links SQL already on this particular server (some using mod_perl and some not).

I suggested that April post her question here as I've never seen this error before so a staff member may be able to indicate the problem and then I can resolve the issue for April.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Can't back up data In reply to
Paul,

Well, if you had taken the time to search Google, you would've come across a bunch of web pages that reference this error (not to mention in MySQL documents at their web site).

So, I was providing a suggestion and trying to help. So, don't belittle my attempt.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
I wasn't belittling your attempt Smile ....that is one issue that we can eliminate as I know DBD::mysql and DBI are working fine so it was better to point that out than set April on the wrong track.

>>
Well, if you had taken the time to search Google, you would've come across a bunch of web pages that reference this error (not to mention in MySQL documents at their web site).
<<

Well perhaps you could paste the references you found to help myself and April, if you are infact trying to help?
Quote Reply
In Reply To:

I had a damn good look, and I found squat.