Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Building "All" of one category only

Quote Reply
Building "All" of one category only
When building static pages we can
  • Build Changed
  • Build All
  • Build staggered
But is it possible to exclude entire categories from building. For example, we have 6 categories, each with subcategories and thousands of detailed pages. None of these ever change and they don't get updated with "hits" etc. Then we add a new category (7) and want to build that, and during development may want to rebuild it several times. We don't need or want to Rebuild All of the categories 1-6 (which takes some time and could introduce errors if something went wrong during the process). Using Build Changed would work to some extent, but when, as happens, we delete or insert pages during development, Build Changed doesn't take care of the <> and <> links. Is there any way to "Build All of Category 7"?

Thanks,
--Jo

Last edited by:

iplay: Sep 11, 2014, 8:01 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [iplay] Building "All" of one category only In reply to
H,

I'm afraid not. The only way to really do that, is to trigger a change to the parent category, and then do a "Build Changed", as that should force it to build the categories below it as well.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Building "All" of one category only In reply to
Thanks Andy.

By "trigger a change to the parent category" do you mean something like change the category name, or would it be something like just changing its Description or Meta Keywords?

Thanks,
--Jo
Quote Reply
Re: [iplay] Building "All" of one category only In reply to
Hi

You should be able to simply go Category > Modify > ID .... then go to the bottom of the page, and submit it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Building "All" of one category only In reply to
That's good. I haven't tested it yet but it sounds as though it will do exactly what we needSmile

Thanks,
--Jo

Last edited by:

iplay: Sep 11, 2014, 9:18 PM