Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Build Changed Bug?

Quote Reply
Build Changed Bug?
When I approve a review for a link, and a go to build changed to reflect this in the static directory, the build does not re-build the directory with the changed link in it.

I have to rebuild my whole directory (worse becuase this particular link was in the "T" category, and this takes quite a while with the size of my directory now) for this change to be shown.

I am wondering if this is a bug?

If it is not, could there be a change to have this impletment in the next release?

As a suggestion - I'd love to see a build feature added where you could be one particular sub-directory and its children... this would be perfect for minor changes, or a when an editor is busy in one area only and would like to make these changes live quickly for a client.

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
Anyone else have a comment, fix, or whatever on this?
Quote Reply
I know that you can manually get the nphbuild to start building from further on in the process, could someone tell me if it is possible to build just one or two particular directories this way?

It takes two hours for me to build all, which is not good when you just want a review under Travel and Tourism to show up, or changes an editor made deep in the "O" section.

When editors are re-assigned directories, it would be nice if these also changed the flags for the Build Changed function instead of waiting for the next Build All.

Smile
Quote Reply
Hi,

Because adding a review does not actually change the link, Build Changed does not pick up on this.

I'll look at correcting this for 2.1.1.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
Excellent!!
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
In Reply To:
I'll look at correcting this for 2.1.1.

Alex

Has this been fixed in 2.1.1? I am using 2.1.1, the bug is still there.

Long
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
Hi, I am also using 2.1.1 but I don't appear to have this bug any more.

What are you seeing?

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
In Reply To:
I know that you can manually get the nphbuild to start building from further on in the process, could someone tell me if it is possible to build just one or two particular directories this way?

You can get nph-build to start at a particular category with this inelegant and inefficient procedure ...

1. Work out the numerical position of the category in table lsql_Category (not the ID, but the index in the table). Call it INDEX_POSITION

2. Run http://YOUR_DOMAIN ... /admin/nph-build.cgi?do=staggered&s=5&p=INDEX_POSITION&o=1
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi, I am also using 2.1.1 but I don't appear to have this bug any more.

What are you seeing?

After I approved some reviews and build changed, the changes will not be updated (no build for the reviewed links).

Long
Quote Reply
Re: [long327] Build Changed Bug? In reply to
Hi, I don't actually think that is a bug.

The reviews (or ratings for that matter) don't affect the changed flags - so a 'build changed' will not build these categories. You would have to do a 'build all' before you will see them live.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins