Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Bug with Mod_Date ?!

Quote Reply
Bug with Mod_Date ?!
Normally i choose a link to mod and get the form for it.
Inside the form the field mod_date is filled with the aktual date.
If i want to change it for some reasons, i can do so and the link is saved to the table with the date i have entered.
Cause im working at a more comfortable sorting (for every cat an own rule of sorting)
i insert three links with today´s date. Then i changed them to 2/28 (2/28); 2/27 (2/27); 2/26 (2/26)

but i got this:

2/28 (2/28); 2/27 (2/28); 2/26 (2/28)

* means add_date (mod_date)

So it seems to me that LSQL enters today´s date every time and not the value i want.

Robert

Last edited by:

Robert: Feb 28, 2002, 6:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert] Bug with Mod_Date ?! In reply to
Hi,

Links SQL automatically updates Mod_Date when you change a link (reflecting the last time it was modified). I'm not sure if there is an easy way around this, I'll have to take a look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Bug with Mod_Date ?! In reply to
I've thought about this before... and usually, I modify one link, so I can use an SQL statement to change the date.

Maybe from the point of view of a "fix" to links, it would require a check-box parameter "Update" next to the mod_date where if_checked (default) the date is updated on save, otherwise, the date is left to be what is in the text field.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Bug with Mod_Date ?! In reply to
Alex,

I have this need as well. Did you discover a way to keep LSQL from manually updating that field?

Thanks,

Bryce