Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Bug: AJAX categories on admin side

Quote Reply
Bug: AJAX categories on admin side
Hi there,

I am not sure if this has been addressed here before:

If I enable AJAX categories at the setup settings categories are not shown at link validation in the admin tool and can not be changed or edited. It does seem to work in "browser mode" but that is not the way I usually work. As a result the AJAX-option is completely useless for me.

The same happens at the online demo, so it is not a problem with my installation.

I am not sure how it is supposed to work but I would definitely like to have AJAX category selection in the admin tool. The current method of category selection is very inefficient if you have LOTS of categories.

Are you working on a fix to this problem already?
Quote Reply
Re: [veedub] Bug: AJAX categories on admin side In reply to
If you send me a link with login info to your admin panel, I can take a quick look.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Bug: AJAX categories on admin side In reply to
just go on your online demo and go on "Validate Links". There are no categories shown and it is also impossible to select anything. Same happens when you try to change links.

Thanks for checking that!
veedub
Quote Reply
That's because the demo's should be linking to demo.gossamer-threads.com/... instead of www.gossamer-threads.com. I've fixed the urls. That's currently a limitation of the ajax category selector, that it has to be accessed through the same domain as what you have set as your db_cgi_url. This happens because of the browser security restrictions. You're probably running into the same issue.

Adrian
Quote Reply
It's not working because your static path is incorrect. The treecats.js file isn't where it needs to be. You probably changed the static path without moving the files to the updated location.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Bug: AJAX categories on admin side In reply to
Hi Adrian,

thank you for checking my setup.

I moved treecats.js and changed paths. AJAX works now with luna templates used on the user side. The admin side is still not functional. With luna templates turned on I get an error message when trying to validate links "father id has not been created yet".

Do I have to rebuild the category tree?

Note: Fresh install with imported database but no html-building done yet.

Thanks in advance
Oliver
Quote Reply
Yeah, when you get errors like that it means that there's something wrong with your category tree (it's missing entries). You have to manually insert any missing entries into your Category table and rebuild the tree.

Adrian