Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Browser table adjust

Quote Reply
Browser table adjust
Hello people, long time no post (although I have been reading for a while).

Finally got round to picking up my site again an am a little older and rusty with Links but it's slowly coming back.

My Q today is about the browser - admin.cgi?action=link_modify_form

The table is set to 30% / 70% but I can't find where to change this. All the column names are squashed to the left. See attached.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

Last edited by:

MJB: Mar 4, 2020, 1:39 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Browser table adjust In reply to
Hi,

It looks like its hard coded. If you open up:

/cgi-bin/admin/Links/HTML/Links.pm

Search for 70% and 30%, and change to the values you want. To be honest though, 70/30 split should be about you want (unless you are on a super narrow screen)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Browser table adjust In reply to
Thanks Andy, I'll take a look. In the mean time I've put underscores in the titles and that's pushed it out to the right.

Another Q, is there any way of rearranging the columns? Eg, I added column 11, 12, 13, 14, etc. but then realised I'd missed one in my series out so want to move 15 up. Does my example make sence? Like this:

11 - A
12 - B
13 - D
14 - E
15 - C
Quote Reply
Hi,

The easiest and best way I've found to re-order the columns, is by using phpMyAdmin to arrange the columns. Once you have done it there, you can do a Database > Links > Properties > Resync, and it should change the order to match what you changed it to.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Browser table adjust In reply to
Thanks again. Will back it up and give it a go.
Quote Reply
Here is another solution from Andy, (that he suggested ages ago & it worked for me then)

https://www.gossamer-threads.com/forum/Products_C9/Gossamer_Links_C5/Discussions_F18/Link_Property_Order_P269621/

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [VishalT] Browser table adjust In reply to
I actually found that solution didn't work so well when you do a re-sync of the table (it looses its custom sort order). The best option is to re-arrange the fields in the table itself

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk