Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Best payment service??

Quote Reply
Best payment service??
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am about to start a new web site using Links SQL 2.2. On this site I do plan to allow users to pay for link placement with the built-in payment options. My question to those who are using this option, which of the 5 payments services do you find the best? PayPal, Moneris, Authorize.net, 2CheckOut or WorldPay?
Thanks.
Jaggster
Quote Reply
Re: [Jaggster] Best payment service?? In reply to
Well, in terms of simplicity (and integration into your site), I'd recommend Authorize.net.

However, PayPal/2Checkout/WorldPay all have their own advantages too =)

Currently, I use PayPal, 2Checkout and WorldPay.

I think I'm just blabbing ... but you may find some of this post useful =)

Night.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Best payment service?? In reply to
Thanks for the info Andy. I guess finding which have advantages and what they are is really what I am looking for. Also I did try Authorize.net but I need a Merchant Account first. Problem is that they will not grant me a Merchant Account due to the nature of the site I will be using it on (Adult related). Figures.
I started looking into 2CheckOut as no Merchant Account is needed. The only problem I see with them is that they dont have a separate method to do manual payments, which I would like to do in special cases in selling a few banner ad placements as well.
Will just keep looking into this I guess.
Thanks.
Jaggster
Quote Reply
Re: [Jaggster] Best payment service?? In reply to
Quote:
The only problem I see with them is that they dont have a separate method to do manual payments, which I would like to do in special cases in selling a few banner ad placements as well.

You can :)

In your members area CP ... have a look for "Send Invoice" or similar. It basically lets you setup a one-off payment.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!