Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Bad link question...

Quote Reply
Bad link question...
Hi

I have seen some Links SQL based sites using a bad link plug in that enables users to specify an error reason (dead link, not related..) then e-mail the reason to the admin without logging it to the system (database).

Does anyone has that plug in?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Bad link question... In reply to
As far as I know, the only release matching what you describe is the old v1.1x bad link add-on (before plugins existed for v2.x). I've put together a rather crude hack (status code checking via PHP was turning into a royal pain in the a$$) similar to the old one for the PHP front end I've been customizing, but it hasn't been put into play until a lingering problem or two gets a response...

Dan
Quote Reply
I wrote a basic Links 2 hack for this. 404/Internal Server/403 etc can be reported... Its a standalone script, so it could easily be used in Links SQL, as long as you don't mind the template functionality of it not working Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Bad link question... In reply to
Thanks Andy

But last night I did a major mod to the Bad_script by pug dog and its all working the way I want it now..
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Hello,

I am looking for a similar method of letting users give me a reason for why they are reporting links as bad. Would you mind sharing how you overcame this issue?

Thanks,

Bryce