Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Back up size

Quote Reply
Back up size
Hm, I just saw, that my backup files from the last year are 5 times bigger than the actual backup files?
I made no big changes to my site. Is there a compression feature or something else I'm not aware of?

Any ideas why the size of my actual backup files is smaller?

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] Back up size In reply to
Have you maybe cleaned out the ClickTrack tables or something? I'm not aware of any new compression with the backups - but I could be wrong =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Back up size In reply to
Andy wrote:
Have you maybe cleaned out the ClickTrack tables or something? I'm not aware of any new compression with the backups - but I could be wrong =)

Cheers

Yes, I few month ago I cleaned the ClickTrack tables. But I don't know if that's the reason.
When I look into phpadmin the glinks tables have a size of 58,6 MiB
But the glinks backup has only a size of 17812 KB ?

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Do you share that DB with any other stuff? (cos GLinks obviously only backs up the GLinks tables :))

If not - it could be that GT have added a compression algorythmn or something (I havn't really looked at the backup cos, as I very rarely use it - I tend to use mysqldump to make the backups =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Back up size In reply to
Andy wrote:
Do you share that DB with any other stuff? (cos GLinks obviously only backs up the GLinks tables :))

If not - it could be that GT have added a compression algorythmn or something (I havn't really looked at the backup cos, as I very rarely use it - I tend to use mysqldump to make the backups =))

Cheers

No the database is only for glinks tables! I'm using mysqldump, too, but just wanted to know why there is a difference.
I don't like surprises when I need a backup Whistle

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Maybe email Adrian at GT, and see if he can shed some light? :) (and post it here, in case anyone else has the same question)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk