Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

BUG in GT::TempFile: Invalid filename

Quote Reply
BUG in GT::TempFile: Invalid filename
Hi there, I posted this same message in the wrong forum earlier.

I've just upgraded from LinksSQL 2.0.1 to 2.0.2

I'm trying to use the Plugin Wizard and I get to the page where I enter the version number, author, description etc... and when I press next, I get this error message:

GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: /home/sites/home/web/cgi-bin/clipman/admin/tmp/GTTemp43308203 at
/home/sites/home/web/cgi-bin/clipman/admin/GT/TempFile.pm line 71.

I've checked that the path is correct and that permissions are set to 777 and they are.

What do I do?

Quote Reply
Re: BUG in GT::TempFile: Invalid filename In reply to
Hi,

This is a bug. Please edit line 70 of GT/TempFile.pm and add a '-' to the list of characters.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I might be a little on the slow side here... How do I add a '-' to the reg exp on line 70? I've got:
Code:
if ($filename !~ m#^([a-zA-Z0-9_ '":/\\\.]+)$#) { die "$class: Invalid filename: $filename"; }
for my line 70 and its bombing out with the same
Code:
A fatal error has occured:

GT::TempFile: Invalid filename: /home/alex/html/dev.netmall.net/cgi-local/admin/tmp/GTTemp03874040 at /home/alex/html/dev.netmall.net/cgi-local/admin/GT/TempFile.pm line 71.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
error.

Thanks for the help...

AlexJ

Quote Reply
Hi,

It's been fixed in 2.0.3, but you can just do:

if ($filename !~ m#^([a-zA-Z0-9_ '":/\\\.\-]+)$#) { die "$class: Invalid filename: $filename"; }

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like my timing was just a bit off... 1/2 an hour later I could have just grabbed 2.0.3 instead of sitting here trying to fix this... Smile

AlexJ