Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

BUG: Submit Review will not work!

Quote Reply
BUG: Submit Review will not work!
Submit Review will not work when used with user not required to login settings in Setup.

After Review page where user fill out form.... next page gives error...

SCREEN SHOT ADD A REVIEW PAGE (Using Mint Templete):-

Please completely fill out the form below, and we'll add your review as soon as possible.
Your Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 Subject: By Line: Write a review: Check out the site

NEXT PAGE SCREEN SHOT AFTER CLICKING ADD REVIEW:-

REVIEW_GUEST_NAME_REQUIRED

Please completely fill out the form below, and we'll add your review as soon as possible.

Your Rating: 1 2 3 4 5 Subject: By Line: Write a review: Check out the site

Any suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: [nice010] BUG: Submit Review will not work! In reply to
Hi,

It's not a bug, LinkSQL requires anonymous users to enter their name and email when they submit a new review. It looks like the file language.txt in your Mint template wasn't updated properly. You could copy and replace the file from default template.

Cheers,

Jean
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] BUG: Submit Review will not work! In reply to
Using Fresh Install LinkSQL 2.1.2 w/Mint

I did as u said... copied lang txt file from default to mint....

Now it is giving me new error message after submitting for review...

Please fill out your name to add a review!

Please check out the mint templete... urself.... although User field is their is initial page.... still this message.!Mad
Quote Reply
Re: [nice010] BUG: Submit Review will not work! In reply to
It looks like the field Review_GuestName doesn't exists. Could you replace the file review_add.html with the attachment below and let me know if it still has that error.

Cheers,
Jean
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] BUG: Submit Review will not work! In reply to
Cool coool works Great!

... just had to replace language.txt & review_add.html.... although their a numerous BUGSPirate in the Mint templetes, some of which I was able to correct... like using Mint templete & check out read review page....BLANK... had to copy it from default... & others too which I am still working on. I hope Gossamer could have done little better job... also notice their has been hardly any improvement in LinkSQL from over year... just some minor & security bugs... would like to see suggest cat feature & wizard like setting in LinkSQL for customization for different uses... displaying internal database with additional fields...

Example: movies database site, classified listings, picture gallary, stories publishing...etc..etc.

... without knowing SQL database... should be done internally (fields/tables etc) by LinkSQL itself similar to initial setup.

Thanks a Smilelot Jean!