Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

BUG: Category Browser show nothing

Quote Reply
BUG: Category Browser show nothing

Hello

The GLinks 3.0.4 Category Browser show nothing Pirateif the root category using UTF-8 with chinese. But if switching the Browser to Firefox the category show again. Please Help!

Unsure

TheFox

Last edited by:

TheFox: Dec 13, 2005, 10:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheFox] BUG: Category Browser show nothing In reply to
Confirming the bug.
I also noted this problem with international characters in category names. Even LSQL v2.x had it.

GT should fix that bug, if possible....

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [TheFox] BUG: Category Browser show nothing In reply to
What do you mean by shows nothing? I just tried adding a category name that was in utf-8 as well as 'normal' accented characters and it seemed okay (with the exception of having to change the browser's encoding).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] BUG: Category Browser show nothing In reply to
I am using international characters in category names with no problems.

Do you mean they are causing problems in the category URLs? in which case switch over to using catID in the URLs and this will get round the problem. (switch over in admin panel).
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] BUG: Category Browser show nothing In reply to
Adrian,

I tested the international characters back to LSQL v2.1.2, and works fine.
I can't reproduce the Browser problem with the international characters.

So it seems you are right, I can confirm that Browser works fine with category names having international characters.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] BUG: Category Browser show nothing In reply to
In Reply To:
Adrian,

I tested the international characters back to LSQL v2.1.2, and works fine.
I can't reproduce the Browser problem with the international characters.

So it seems you are right, I can confirm that Browser works fine with category names having international characters.

Hi All,

That is because you all using english IE6, I testing using zh_cn version of IE, from the IE6 you must select the zh_cn as your language and select auto detect. It will make troube. I know the bug for a few years from LinkSQL2.

May be that is not the GT problem. Because it work fine under Firefox. But most of my web site visitor using chinesePirate . It made trouble for me.

I have try to import DMOZ chinese part for the root category using clean install Glink 3. After all, I open the category browser, everything not there. Then I try the firefox.... It work fine...
TheFox