Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

BIG PROBLEM - add.cgi

Quote Reply
BIG PROBLEM - add.cgi
I habe installed Links SQL 2.0.2 but I get an "Internal Server Error" when I try to add a link.

I still have Links SQL 2.0.0 installed and get now the folloing Error message:
============================
Can't locate object method "new" via package "Links::Link" at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 59, chunk 1.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (7709): Links::environment called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/Links.pm line 446 with no arguments.Links (7709): Links::fatal called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 59 with arguments (Can't locate object method "new" via package "Links::Link" at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 59, chunk 1.
).Links (7709): GT::SQL::Base::new_table called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/GT/SQL.pm line 294 with arguments (GT::SQL=HASH(0x82f44a0), Links).Links (7709): GT::SQL::table called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/pages/add.cgi line 109 with arguments (GT::SQL=HASH(0x82f44a0), Links).Links (7709): main::add_link called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 78 with arguments (HASH(0x80cd78c)).Links (7709): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/pages/add.cgi line 33 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin/Plugins, user_add_link, CODE(0x83f3484), HASH(0x80cd78c)).Links (7709): main::main called at /home/sites/site3/web/sql2/pages/add.cgi line 22 with no arguments.

System Information
======================================
Perl Version: 5.00503
Links SQL Version: 2.0.0
DBI.pm Version: 1.14
@INC =
/home/sites/site3/web/sql2/admin
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
============================
Links SQL 2.0.2:
The funny thing is that the link I add will be added to the validate database and I get the "Addition to Database : ..." Email.

System: Cobalt RaQ

Can anybody help me!

ThanX
Twistmaster

Quote Reply
Re: BIG PROBLEM - add.cgi In reply to
Ugh Im confused.

You said you installed 2.0.2 but then said you have 2.0.0 installed.

Did you try to install 2.0.2 over 2.0.0 and then change your mind?.....If so this may have corrupted your files.

Paul Wilson.
new - http://www.wiredon.net
Quote Reply
I have 2.0.2 and 2.0.0 installed. Both with there own mysql database.

Everything is working except the add_success.html message and the add_error.html message. Than I get the "Internal Server Error".

Twistmaster

Quote Reply
Try replacing add.cgi

Paul Wilson.
new - http://www.wiredon.net
Quote Reply
I have already tried that.

Is not working. Still the same error.

Twistmaster

Quote Reply
PLEASE CAN HELP ME SOMEONE?

Here is the summery of my problem:
When I add a like with the add.cgi I get an Internal Server Error after I clicked the submit button.

I can see the form where I need to enter all the stuff and after I have clicked the submit button I also get the mail that somebody has added a link to the database and the link is also in the validate database but I don't get the content of the add_succes.html or when I add something wrong I don't get the content of the add_error.html only this Internal Server Error.

When does Links SQL 2.0.3 come out?

Twistmaster
Quote Reply
I don't understand the error. I have several sites installed, and never got a problem like this.

Internal server errors, especially when it's form output, is usually a bad header.

I have version 2.0.2 running on the FAQ and it sends me mail just fine, and accepts links just fine. I didn't modify anything in it, just my custom templates from the older versions, and standard plug-ins.

The only error on the FAQ is I still need to put the image upload field inside an < % if % > tag so it doesn't show up as broken in the success screen, but that's due to my changes, not anything in Links not working.

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ:http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ
Forum:http://LinkSQL.com/forum
Quote Reply
I am exactly the same problem. the 2.0.2 installation was totally new w/o any modification except the configure file and database. When adding a link and clicking submit, I got a 500 error. However, the added link has been sent out. So this problem is related to 2.0.2.

Quote Reply
Line 59 in Base.pm is

use strict 'refs';

Ive never experienced this problem though with 2.0.2

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/
Quote Reply
Hi,

The only thing I can think of is your admin/Links/Link.pm file is corrupted. Can you try replacing this with the original one. If you are still stuck, send me an email with shell access and I'll fix it up.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
PLEASE ANSWER - the problem still exists... In reply to
I have the same problem.
The problem comes out when you set db_gen_category_list in Setup to 'No' (e.g., Drop-down lists are not displayed when registering). This problem comes only with add or error add. Modifying is working well.

PLEASE HELP!!!