Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X

Quote Reply
Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X
anyone has code or easy steps in adding "Auto Suggest Category" so that when adding new links user can alt suggest new cat if needed & admin can just check the box when reviewing to add that cat.
Quote Reply
Re: [nice010] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
Hi,

There is nothing available as far as I know.
Quote Reply
Hi,

The easiest option for this, is to add a new field - something like SuggestedCategory, and then add that into your include_form.html template. Explain on it that they can *suggest* a category (but are still required to choose another main category). Then, when you validate the link - you can create the new category, if appropriate.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
The idea is really good, to have possibility for the user to suggest category, with option for admin to validate it form the admin interface.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
Yes, a very good idea. Hopefully GT will make the dream come true!
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
It is solvable using a not so difficult plugin.

I was hoping Andy will create a cheap plugin for this feature. Wink
If I develop it, the plugin will be more expensive. Angelic

Still wondering how Andy can afford developing so cheap plugins...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Jan 5, 2006, 1:10 PM
Quote Reply
Still wondering how Andy can afford developing so cheap plugins...

Andy sets the price of his plugins low so just about everyone can afford them.

Very kind person, that is my description of Andy.

Oh, lets not forget the plugins he provided for free as well as the unpaid support he has given.

The man is as close to a Saint as you can get.
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
That's true, however this does not answer the original question.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Hi,

I've come up with something :P

http://www.ultranerds.com/...uggestCategory_L167/

I'll be setting some screenshots up in a minute.. so if interested, please bear with me =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Nice job!
I will likely interested in it later (when I fully upgrade my site to LSQL).

Note, I will also need a feature, to be able to rename the suggested name, when approving, then sending email notification to suggester.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Hi,

Cool =)

The "rename" thing can already be done.

When you click "Add Category", it opens up a form, as if you'd clicked Database > Category > Add, with all the details pre-filled for you (i.e the father category [FatherID], and also the Name of the category itself).

If you wanted to change the name, you could just do it before making the category <G>

I'll look into the email notification thing at some point. Its not a major priority.. but it does sound like a good idea, so I'll add it in at some point Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Look into this post that I've created a while ago:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...uest=13844610#218039

I remember that I've used it and it works fine on my website to allow user to add a category and the submitted link inside it.

Thanks
Mark.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
I did not see detailed code in your mentioned thread, just a synapse. It is far from being a working code.
I'm glad Andy created a cheap plugin for that task. I could create it easily, but it's cheaper and time saver to buy his plugin...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Hm. I have one suggested category. Before adding category I have validate link that was send with this suggested category. After that I've add category (from plugin), and then clicked on "Put link in this category".

Now, link really is in that category but besides category there is number 0. Something like this "Mycategory (0)".

I've try "Repair tables" but with no luck. Link is in category but it's displayed as is not.

Weird.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] Auto Suggest Category in LinkSQL 3.X In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. odd.

Shoot over the details via PM, and I'll take a look.

Trying to get this Guestbook plugin in beta first though =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk