Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Attach an image?

Quote Reply
Attach an image?
I'm looking at reusing an old LinkSQL license for a paid directory.

One feature our current directory has, is that it allows users to upload a defined number of images (logo / photo of shop etc).

Is this possible with LinkSQL either using a plugin (looked in the plugins directory and ultranerd) or as a normal feature?

We'd like image resizing options too.
Quote Reply
Re: [shrirch] Attach an image? In reply to
Hi,

You can do file uploading via the built in system - but if you want to re-size them, you would need something like this:

http://www.ultranerds.com/...ns/Thumb_Images_L21/ (uses Image::Magick), or http://www.ultranerds.com/...humb_Images_GD_L222/ (which uses GD to resize the images)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Attach an image? In reply to
Thanks Andy, had spent some time looking at your site, but could not find anything that allowed this to be done easily.

Will look at the plugins. I expect to be buying a few of them, if nothing else, to say thanks for the number of useful posts you've made. Every issue I've searched seems to be addressed by you on here. :)
Quote Reply
Hi,

Quote:
Thanks Andy, had spent some time looking at your site, but could not find anything that allowed this to be done easily.

Yeah, Thumb_Images(_GD) makes it a piece of cake Smile

Quote:
Will look at the plugins. I expect to be buying a few of them, if nothing else, to say thanks for the number of useful posts you've made.

Smile

Quote:
Every issue I've searched seems to be addressed by you on here. :)

LOL - sounds about right Blush

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
BTW, not sure how many plugins you may want, but if you are looking at quite a few - you may find the ULTRA Package, and ULTRA Package PRO deals quite interesting (the ULTRA Package has 72 plugins, and the PRO has 90 - and these keep rising as I write more plugins Smile)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy, I've noticed on your site that some plugins have the 'GD' suffix. What, for example, is the difference between ThumbImages and ThumbImagesGD?
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Attach an image? In reply to
Hi,

Thumb_Images uses Image::Magick, whereas Thumb_Images_GD uses the GD modules (this is more standard on servers, but you still need to make sure Image::Size and Image::Resize are setup)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy, I've just installed Thumb_Images_GD and gone through Setup. When I click Read Me or Cleanup it returns an error: Can't locate Image/Resize.pm

Resize.pm isn't in the tar file. (3.2.0)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Sorted - I've loaded it manually. :)

Last edited by:

MJB: Jun 5, 2009, 1:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Attach an image? In reply to
Hi,

You need Image::Resize on your server (its a perl module , that wrap around GD - http://search.cpan.org/...dr/Image-Resize-0.5/)

Also, while there - make sure you have the GD perl modules install + Image::Size, as those are both required too.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk