Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Andy's User Profile Plugin Question

Quote Reply
Andy's User Profile Plugin Question
I am thinking of allowing users to upload their picture or company logo in their profile. Now my question what would be the best way to do so and also display this on the detialed page of the listing. Also would it be possible for them to change or remove the image in the future if required?

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Andy's User Profile Plugin Question In reply to
Hi,

This is possible, but not easy :( I'm hoping to add an upload image field option in the gLinks 3 version, but working it into the LSQL 2.2 version is very hard (I've done it before, as a custom job.. but it wasn't easy <G>).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Andy's User Profile Plugin Question In reply to
Would adding a new column for image in user propertis via GLinks admin work?

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm afraid not. I need to add some handling code in for FILE types, but thats for another day <G>

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Andy's User Profile Plugin Question In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

I'm afraid not. I need to add some handling code in for FILE types, but thats for another day <G>

Oh man.... I was hoping to use that for showing photo/image of article writers. By any chance any wild idea how long it might be before your busy schedule might permit you to work on it?

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

A long time I'm afraid :( Things just keep coming up (some worse news than other :/) ... and ... well, its gonna be a while Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk