Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Alternative Banner Ad Software programs

Quote Reply
Alternative Banner Ad Software programs
Greetings,

Looking into the plugins available for Links SQL and have a few questions. It doesn't appear that the current two ad plugins will work on a windows 2000 box. I have the following questions.

1) How difficult is it to integrate another ad serving software into LinksSQL?

2) Are there any windows 2000 programs that anyone could suggest to server banners that would integrate well with Links SQL

Concerns we have are with ease of use in terms of the integration process and also using an ad serving software that will work well on a high volume site.

Many thanks,
Lee
Quote Reply
Re: [lee223] Alternative Banner Ad Software programs In reply to
Hi,

When you say High Volume, how many ads per day are you talking about?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [lee223] Alternative Banner Ad Software programs In reply to
Hi Lee:

I use WebAdverts and find that it runs without a hitch. I find it very flexible through the use of JavaScript tags and the ability to use 'raw html'.

I integrate it into my site via the <%header%> and <%footer%> tags and through the use of zones can target specific categories.

Whilst I do not have the ability to target banners via the 'search' function (I believe the AdCycle plugin has this ability), it is a small price to pay for what I believe is an excellent banner ad management software.

The new version 3.10 (reportedly) has very little overhead and can easily deliver 500,000 + impressions per day without any performance impact on the server.

Just my thoughts ....

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory