Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

After re-install I can add links/categories - re-build shows 'Internal Server Error'

Quote Reply
After re-install I can add links/categories - re-build shows 'Internal Server Error'
After install of Links SQL (2.2.0) I can add links/categories - but every re-build shows 'Internal Server Error'. However, the categories and links actually appear on the site!?

My problem is similar to this one..."I rebuilt it again, got the same thing. Went back and reinstall then tried again. Got the same internal server error but the pages did get built and are there".
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=162787;search_string=Internal%20Server%20Error%20Build;guest=8428228#162787

But am hoping I can fix without doing anything with Telnet or log files. That's all to complicated for me :-)

Any suggestions as to why this happens and how to fix very welcome - thanks
Steve

Quote Reply
Here's the answer Re: [cuppa] After re-install I can add links/categories - re-build shows 'Internal Server Error' In reply to
OK - I found the answer by searching the forum again -

" Just in case anyone does a search for the same problem and comes up with this thread I got the answer off support:

go to Setup -> Misc option and change nph_headers to "No"

Dunno what it does but it works!"

Link to above answer here

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=250233;search_string=Internal%20Server%20Error%20build;#250233

Quote Reply
Re: [cuppa] Here's the answer Re: [cuppa] After re-install I can add links/categories - re-build shows 'Internal Server Error' In reply to
Yeah, some servers don't like NPH parsed headers (same as in Links2, where you have to comment out $nph++). LinksSQL makes this easier for you... so if your server doesn't support it, you can just turn it off :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!