Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Adding Pages

Quote Reply
Adding Pages
Alex,

What is the best way(plug-in or otherwise) to build additional pages?

ie. I have a few pages that I want to use templates to build. There main details would be to use the typical Links variables to use the look and feel of the other pages, but with content that is non-generated.

For example, a newsletter page, an ABOUT page, Contact page, etc.

Lance Rasmussen
Bowlingzone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Adding Pages In reply to
Lance:

I will (eventually) be doing the same thing.... I have a couple pages like that, too. I was going to hold off experimenting on that until a more stable version was out.... but maybe I will play around now.

I have not looked too much at plug in's yet, but I think the bottom line is we will have to modify a script to insert new built pages...

I will play for a while and see what I can come up with!

Dave

Quote Reply
Hi Lance,

We will add a hook into the nph-build so you can do something when the script is running.

You should not have to edit any code in Links SQL.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Lance:

Been messing around, and I did do it, but it is one HECK of a mess to do.... You have to mod nph_build, page.cgi, the configs pages, build.pm and siteHTML (or is it HTMLsite???)

Anyway, such a mess. If you want to know how, I can try to explain, but I think it is better to wait on Alex, if he is going to make a plugin...

dave

Quote Reply
Hi!

I've added the hook into the dev version. Basically you can add a plugin now that can run some code everytime any section of the build is run. That plugin would then create its custom page, and ouput some text (which would get displayed in the regular build output).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.