Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add links form - category selection

Quote Reply
Add links form - category selection
Since many of my links are relevant in more than one category, I prefer adding links through the add links function in the database section of the administration area, as it allows to add a link to more than just one category.

However, since I have many categories (~1,600), it is hard to remember the exact name of each sub-category.
In LinksSQL 1.x, the administration area included a drop down menu for selecting the category.

What I would like to add to the LinksSQL 2.X is a multiple select feild on the add link form. That field would list all categories (I know it might take a while to load) and enable the editor to select multiple categories from the list.

How do I do that?

Quote Reply
Re: Add links form - category selection In reply to
Hi,

Goto Setup->Build Options and change db_gen_category_list to Yes.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks, but changing db_gen_category_list to Yes also means that any visitor that recommends a site using add.cgi gets a pull down of all the categories.

What I would like (if possible) is:
1. Admin has selection list.
2. Visitor who accesses add.cgi from within a category (using add.cgi?ID=xxxx) does not get the list, just the relevant category.
3. Visitor who accesses add.cgi not from within a category (i.e. from pages that are not part of the directory or auto submission) gets the whole list.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Didi

Quote Reply
That would be great because it would also solve my problem (Look at: "add.cgi -> 500 Error when categories not as list") I think. And it would be really a great option.

Good idea!
Twistmaster

Quote Reply
Hi,

No this is not currently possible, the same option controls all drop downs. I'll look at splitting this up.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Add links form - category selection In reply to
Has anything been done for this? I posted a question dealing with this, but it was not answered. When I add an editor from the admin panel, I would like the editor to be able to add links to multiple categories, but right now that's not possible. Please help!!