Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Add / Modify - Multiple Links - Multiple Cats

Quote Reply
Add / Modify - Multiple Links - Multiple Cats
Hi All

Instead of adding or modifying one link at a time per category, it would be great to be able to have one form that allows multiple links to be submitted all at once, and to have each of those links go to a different category if desired.

So, for example, someone could click "Add A Link", and they would then be asked how many links they would like to submit. Let's say it's 5 (admin could limit this).

Okay, then a form is created that now has 5 sets of boxes (or whatever).

Each set would be for a separate link, and each link could go to a different category/subcat.

Then, when all 5 have been filled out, the submitter would click "Submit", and then all 5 are submitted to whatever categories.

Same sort of thing with Modify. Visitor would click "Modify" and would be asked, "How many would you like to modify?", and they would enter some number, and then the form would be built, etc.

I've been searching around, but I haven't found such a mod or hack.

Is this do-able? It would be really great, both on the Add side and the Modify side.

Many thanks! Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Add / Modify - Multiple Links - Multiple Cats In reply to
You could possibly modify the add links template form to include multiple forms with different form anchors (<form action></form>) to print out multiple forms.

Or you could add the add link form in the add success template and have the user add another linke if they want.

Or redirect the user to the main add link form page with a message that states something like "Your link has been added. Add another link with the following form".

Or you could use the Booklet MOD that I think has been ported to the latest version of LINKS SQL and have your users download the javascript to put a button in their browser to add links from one button.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Add / Modify - Multiple Links - Multiple Cats In reply to
Thanks, Stealth.

Yeah, it would be super to do a true multi-add type of thing, but I like your idea of adding the add form on the add success page, etc., too.

Many thanks. Smile

------------------------------------------