Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

3.2 Bug : Add Listing

Quote Reply
3.2 Bug : Add Listing
I just made an upgrade to 3.2 version of GLinks and noticed that there is a bug. (or atleast it is giving me an error)
  • db_gen_category_list is set to "No"
  • And I am using the tag <%Category%> in include_form.html (within add.html) to show what category the link is being added.

However on Add Listing Page I am seeing Unknown Tag: 'Category' error. However am not seeing the error if I change the above option to Yes (Basic)

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] 3.2 Bug : Add Listing In reply to
There is something wrong, when I set it to No I get nothing but a blank dropdown box.
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] 3.2 Bug : Add Listing In reply to
Hi all,

Here's my experience (first of all, I don't use the luna template set by default, but keep it so that I can test GT's upgrades and templates without having to worry if I have conflict in my templates)

I'm running firefox 1.5.0.6

So, on the original luna template set.
1. db_gen_category_list : AJAX

I get the following result in add.cgi:
Category: * No category selected[Change]

clicking Change gives the following:

* No category selected[Done][Cancel]

That seems like a bug, as I would expect to get a list. ()

Finally, if an ID is passed in to add.cgi, GT::Template::dump shows a variable called selected_cats and the category i selected is in that array

but the html only shows:
Category: *

Clicked on Add Link to see if the category gets passed and
get the following:
Category: * No category selected[Change]

2. db_gen_category_list : Basic
No problems.
If I've passed in an ID, then that is selected and pressing Add Link keeps it selected on the next page.
No problems with this setting.

3. db_gen_category_list : No
Upon entering add.cgi without an ID: I get the following message:
Please first visit the category you wish to add or move your link to, then click on Add/Modify a Link.

Upon entering add.cgi with an ID: I get the empty dropdown list as well.

So it seems like there are bugs with AJAX and No modes.
Quote Reply
I have posted an update that should fix this problem.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [klangan] 3.2 Bug : Add Listing In reply to
The problem you're getting with treecats is probably because the domain used in db_cgi_url doesn't match the domain that your add/modify page is on. If you check your javascript console, it might have triggered a javascript XMLHttpRequest permission error. Make sure they're on the same domain, or change the cgiURL argument in the include_form to be a relative url to the treecats cgi directory (eg. change <%config.db_cgi_url%> to '/path/to/treecats/directory').

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 3.2 Bug : Add Listing In reply to
Hi Adrian,

my error log shows this:

GT::Template::Parser (5956): Unable to open template file 'treecats.xml': File does not exist. at GT::Template::_compile_template line 596.

The problem was that I have my build_default_tpl set to something other than Luna.
when I was testing, I had t=luna and got the error. When I copied treecats.xml to my default tpl directory it started working.

So it appears that treecats.xml must be in the default directory for the ajax setting to work.

thanks for the info.

peace.

klangan
Quote Reply
Re: [klangan] 3.2 Bug : Add Listing In reply to
Argh... Looks like I'm going to have to change the javascript so that the template set can be passed in as well.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 3.2 Bug : Add Listing In reply to
Hi Adrian,

The update took care of the problem. Thank you for the quick response. Smile

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
I'm having a problem with this too (and it was before the 3.2 update and fix).

I have upgraded a site to 3.1 (and now 3.2 + fix) and if I go to add a link, and just click "add" the link success page is shown, no error, and no link is added.

Obviously, I also get an unknown tag for category ;)

I checked, and the required fields are set to required -- title, url, etc. Still no error, just a silent bomb.

<groan> Figured it might be a plugin, and it was... but why empty "hooks" would abort the error message is really weird. If the hooks are disabled, it works, if they just return $vars, it doesn't.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.

Last edited by:

pugdog: Aug 25, 2006, 4:57 AM