Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog?

Quote Reply
3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog?
Is there a more detailed changelog available?
I'm particularly interested in not losing my template customisations

I don't want to just click upgrade Smile
Blacknight Solutions - Hosting
Search.ie
Armchair.ie
Quote Reply
Re: [blacknight] 3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog? In reply to
As long as your template customisations are in the local directory (it will do that if you use the built in template editor), or if you have created your own template set, then your changes won't be overwritten.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog? In reply to
Ok.
So are there are new template tags etc., that I will be missing out on?
Blacknight Solutions - Hosting
Search.ie
Armchair.ie
Quote Reply
Re: [blacknight] 3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog? In reply to
Everything that has been added has been mentioned in the changelog. You can also look at the template diffs in our admin demo: http://demo.gossamer-threads.com/....1.0-3.2.0.diff.html

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog? In reply to
Hi Adrian,

I'm curious about the upgrading and its effect on templates. When you have a specific template folder separate to the 'luna' folder say in my case 'significant-media', what does the upgrade process do to this folder if anything ?

Does the language file (in the local folder of 'significant-media') get updated in this folder when it is the default template folder ?

Thanks,

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] 3.2.0 Upgrade Detailed Changelog? In reply to
Only the luna template is 'upgraded'. All other template directories are left alone and you need to merge in the changes yourself (that's what the template diffs are for). If you are using the luna templates, then you need to go through your modified templates and look at the diffs to see what changes you need to merge back into your modified files (or you can just restore the file and make your changes again).

Adrian