Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

2.04 questions / problems

Quote Reply
2.04 questions / problems
Just did the upgrade to 2.04 and now I'm having a few questions about some things...

1. Custom form fields (multi-select) and add.cgi

I added such a field to add.html and it is displayed correctly on the page. In 2.03 the selected values of this field were transfered to add_success.html as a string (each value separated by the '#' character). I just did output this string (it's the Form Names that get saved in the database, e.g. "de#en#fr") on add_success.html, because I still didn't figure out how to display the corresponding Form Values ("German, English, French").
Now, after upgrading I get the message 'ARRAY(0x42342)' instead. And it seems that exactly this is saved in the database: the string 'ARRAY(0x42342)'....

So my questions on this:
- How to store the selected values correctly into the database?

- How to display Form Names on add_success.html instead of Form Values? (This one was already discussed, but couldn't work it out)

- In the admin the multi select field is still shown as a single select field when validating a new link, and only the first value is stored into the database. So this bug wasn't fixed? Or did I miss something?

2. Date(s)

When adding a link I receive the notification mail, but its Date is set to 25th of January instead of May.

What could be the reason for this?
And - more important - how to set the correct date?
(All other programs I run still show the correct date, so it's definitely not a wrong server setting)

3. Dynamic display of cool links page

When I try to view the cool page in dynamic mode (haven't built since upgrading) I get a fatal error:
In Reply To:

A fatal error has occured:
Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 1) line 49.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (8698): Links::environment called at /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/admin/Links.pm line 450 with no arguments.
Links (8698): Links::fatal called at (eval 1) line 49 with arguments
(Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at (eval 1) line 49.
).
Links (8698): Links::Build::build_cool called at /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 84 with arguments
(HASH(0x83c7adc)).
Links (8698): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/admin/Plugins, build_cool, *Links::Build::build_cool, HASH(0x83c7adc)).
Links (8698): Links::Build::build called at /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/page.cgi line 182 with arguments
(cool, HASH(0x83c7adc)).
Links (8698): main::generate_cool_page called at /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/page.cgi line 56 with no arguments.
Links (8698): main::main called at /homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/page.cgi line 23 with no arguments.

System Information
Perl Version: 5.00502
Links SQL Version: 2.0.4
DBI.pm Version: 1.13
Persistant Env: mod_perl (0) SpeedyCGI (0)
GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: 'SELECT * FROM L2_Links WHERE ( isValidated = 'Yes' AND isPopular = 'Yes' )
ORDER BY Hits DESC,Rating DESC DESC
LIMIT 0, 10' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'DESC
LIMIT 0, 10' at line 2
@INC =
/homepages/24/d11723845/htdocs/cgi-bin/links2/admin
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/i586-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00502
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005

CGI INPUT
d => 1
g => hits/
It seems that the SQL statement for building the cool page is incorrect (for some reason it added a second 'DESC'). In setup, I have build_sort_order_cool 'Hits DESC,Rating DESC' and build_cool_gb set to no.
I think this will happen when building static pages, too. So for now I won't build...

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thank you,
Andreas

Andreas
http://www.archaeologie-online.de
Quote Reply
Re: 2.04 questions / problems In reply to
Hi,

Very strange, I'll look into these tommorrow and let you know.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

did you already take a look at this strange problem?

In build settings I had build_sort_order_cool = "Hits DESC,RatingDESC". After I set it to "Hits DESC,Rating", the fatal error doesn't occur any longer.

So I can build the pages now, but....

The date error remains and I still have no idea how to solve the "Custom form fields (multi-select) and add.cgi" problem.

Are there any news / ideas on this?
Thanx.

Andreas
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
2. Date(s)
When adding a link I receive the notification mail, but its Date is set to 25th of January instead of May.
What could be the reason for this?
And - more important - how to set the correct date?
(All other programs I run still show the correct date, so it's definitely not a wrong server setting)
Now - as it's the first of June - the notification mails I get from Links are dated to 1st of January (yesterday's mails had the date from 31st of January). So it seems that for some reason Links is setting the date to month no. 1 of the current year everytime ...

BTW the newsletter's got the correct date!

Maybe this observation can help you to track that error down.

Regards

Andreas
Quote Reply
I have the same problem, but with the 2.0.3 version. It just started happening out of the blue after updating records. I haven't been touching the scripts nor the Setup.

What I have found is the query being done is:

Perl Version: 5.00503
Links SQL Version: 2.0.3
DBI.pm Version: 1.06
Persistant Env: mod_perl (0) SpeedyCGI (0)
GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: '

SELECT Links.*
FROM CatLinks, Links
WHERE CatLinks.LinkID = Links.ID
AND (Links.isValidated = 'Yes' AND CatLinks.CategoryID = '169')
ORDER BY Sponsor, Paid DESC,Votes LIMIT 0, 10

If I use the same query in SQL Monitor I get the error:
Error: Query Error: Failed to execute query: 'SELECT Links.* ... Reason: Got error -1 from table handler

If I remove the ORDER BY clause , the query works. I've tried ORDER By ID, ORDER By Title, etc., but they all fail.

Quote Reply
Hi,

Partial answer, maybe:

Are you using the new template sets, or are you using your old (pre links 2.04 sets?)

The way links passes the values to the templates, and expects to get some values back, is different than it used to be.

I hit that, and by redoing the templates in the new format, they went away. I'm using Links 2.04 with a combination of old and new templates, _BUT_ I integrated my old templates into the new set, rather than the new set into my old templates.... it worked better that way.

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ:http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ
Forum:http://LinkSQL.com/forum
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Reason: Got error -1 from table handler
This is a different error. This means your mysql table is corrupt and you should run isamchk/myisamchk on it to fix it (or your ISP should).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.