Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

(Validating Links) Problem!

Quote Reply
(Validating Links) Problem!
About a week ago, validate link, stopped working from one day to the next, without anything having been changed. It quite literally went from one day it worked to the next day it didn't.

The admin page for validating links comes up fine, I run through the list as normal, but when it comes to actually "validating selection" it neither deletes or validates the links on the page. What happens is, the light on my dsl box comes on as if info is being sent, then it just times out without anything else happening.

I have since tried rebuilding search, repairing the table, using the backup, blanking the database and then using a backup, loading up ther latest version of LinkSql, pulling out loads of hair, staring at the computer blankly, etc, etc.

I am stuck, I don't know what could be causing this problem and really would like some suggestions as to possible causes!

Thanks,

Tom Martin
Quote Reply
Re: (Validating Links) Problem! In reply to
Hi,

Very strange, what version of Links SQL are you using?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

The version I was using was 2.04 when the validate links stopped functioning, so in a last ditch effort to try and sort the problem I upgraded to version 2.05, but unfortunately it made absolutely no difference.

My mind seems to have totally blanked out now and the only conclusion I can come up with would be to totally format the computer and my website and start again from scratch (you can imagine how much I want to do that)!

Tom Martin
Quote Reply
Hi again Alex,

Further to what I said in the last post, I have found a rather disturbing conclusion to my problem, it is not in fact any fault of LinkSQL that "validate link" is not working, it is the actual computer itself.

This morning I got access to a friends computer and thought I would give it a shot (just in case), yep, it worked fine. I have managed to validate all the links which were waiting.

This however leaves me with a huge problem now, if it is not the program, and is actually something on my computer, have you any idea what it could be???

Two totally different questions for you!

I want to change the layout of categories on the main page of my website and have tried everything I can think of and have looked in all the different bits of programming, but can't figure out exactly what needs changing, can you point me in the right direction?

Is there an updated version of spiders coming soon?

Thanks

Tom Martin
Quote Reply
Hi,

Strange, perhaps try a different browser and see if it works?

As for the other questions, look at subcategory.html template. And for the spider, we are not working on a major upgrade at the moment, only bug fixes/minor enhancements.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.