Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

[suggestion] New features for Gossamer Links

Quote Reply
[suggestion] New features for Gossamer Links
Hi

This is what I would like to see in some near future in GL 3.0
------
1. ChangeInfo plugin as standard feature of GL where users could change their passwords/email etc.

2. Some sort of "BECOME AN EDITOR" button for every user when they SIGN-UP on every category. Then, this submission would got the the admin where he would approve or disapprove it (like validation of links, this would be validation of editors).
------

What do you think about it?

Regrads.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] [suggestion] New features for Gossamer Links In reply to
1) I think there are a few change info plugins. I believe if you run community, many of those features are enabled, as a free pluging.

2) there is an editors plugin, but if all you are looking for is a notification or sign up type link, I think this can be done fairly easily. The problem is, that the GT editor system is a "trusted" system. It assumes your editors are working for you, and are not from the population at large. It doesn't keep backups, audit trails, or similar information (last I looked). It's not really set up for allowing Dmoz-style editors/editing. Several people have taken stabs at it, and I have one project on the back burner, that might move a little forward, since some of the comments/blogger code I'm working on plugs into various other things, such as admin validations, message flagging, and rudimentary audit trails.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.