Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

[Feature Request] :: Review Reply

Quote Reply
[Feature Request] :: Review Reply
GLinks have a wonderful Review system & to compliment it, I would like to make a request to add a feature where the actual Link Owner also have the ability to write a reply (if desired) to each review (much like ebay's user feedback).

As sometimes there might be flame reviews which Link Owner might want to reply to clear out the possible confusion.

Hope this feature suggestion will be given its due consideration.

Thank you again.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] [Feature Request] :: Review Reply In reply to
I second that.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] [Feature Request] :: Review Reply In reply to
~ bump ~

Any comment / update from GT team would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Vishal
Quote Reply
I third that Wink.

We restrict reviews to members only, yet we still have the occasional person that just signs up specifically to unfairly criticise and rate a link. It would be nice to give link owners the right of reply.
Quote Reply
I'm not sure whether all the tags of the Link are available in the Review System, but if they are, couldn't you achieve what you want via the Email Template System - in particular adding a bcc: field - perhaps to the Admin Template?

Other than that I believe Andy has a plugin for the Review System.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] [Feature Request] :: Review Reply In reply to
In Reply To:
I'm not sure whether all the tags of the Link are available in the Review System, but if they are, couldn't you achieve what you want via the Email Template System - in particular adding a bcc: field - perhaps to the Admin Template?

Other than that I believe Andy has a plugin for the Review System.

No its not the same, seems like there must be some mistake in my wording. Allow me to take this opportunity to explain it again.

Current Process
  • End user writes a review for existing link in database.
  • Once review is approved or rejected, review submitter receives an email.

Suggested Process
  • End user writes a review for existing link in database.
  • If review is rejected, only review submitter receives email
  • If review is accepted, both review submitter and link owner receives email.
  • New Feature: For 'every review' for the link submitted by Link Owner. Link Owner now has an option to reply to that particular review.

Scenario
Assume that your website "The Affiliate Programs Directory" is listed at XYZ directory using GLinks. Now some John Doe writes a review & says totally wrong and absurd things about your site. Now as a link owner, I am sure you would want to be able to reply to that particular review.

It is very easy for anyone to register to any site and bash someone, however giving link owner the ability to reply, makes things better and reduces the bashing of link owners.

Vishal
Quote Reply
This can be achieved adding a field to the DB Reviews.

Like the Categories, the new field will hold the ReviewID if is an answer or 0 (father) if is a new review. Some simple changes to the Review.pm and all is done.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Blondies can have brains (sometimes...)
Quote Reply
Re: [SaraBem] [Feature Request] :: Review Reply In reply to
I am sure someone with your expertise would be able to do it without any problem. However, I am not a programmer and have no clue on what I would be doing with any .pm or .cgi file. In addition, I am sure many people using GLinks would put themselves in the same situation as mine. Hence its a feature request for GT team, where the experts can add the feature and it becomes a part of GLinks system.

Vishal
Quote Reply
If GT team could look into this post and reply at their convenience, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Vishal
Quote Reply
I'd like to bump this thread up and revive it. Did anyone find a way to achieve this. This would be particularly useful to me to have this functionality.

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: [chapelier] [Feature Request] :: Review Reply In reply to
Any improvement on GLinks or any of these applications that encourages user interaction between themselves is a PLUS. It seems the be the direction of things these days. I would like to see this feature as well.