Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

<%links_results%> - where is this?????

Quote Reply
<%links_results%> - where is this?????
I think I need to amend the formatting within this file which controls the list of new links displayed. I've looked everywhere but I cannot find a file named links_results. Am I right in assuming this is somehow communicated to a cgi file and that I would need to edit that????

If someone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Smokey
Quote Reply
Re: [biglouis] <%links_results%> - where is this????? In reply to
What do you want to change?

The layout of the links, or something else?

Michael

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Quote Reply
Re: [Michael Skaide] <%links_results%> - where is this????? In reply to
I want to amend the justification of the directory information which appears above the links. At present it is left justified and I want to center it above the list of links. Sounds like a trivial request but in fact it would make my lists look a lot better. I've investigated the code as far as I can but all roads lead to the links_result statement and I assume the formatting for the directory information is contained within.

Any idea where it is?
Quote Reply
Hi,

link_results is just the link.html template joined multiple times. If you need finer control, you can do:

<%loop link_results_loop%>
<%endloop%>

and it will display what's in between the loop for each result.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] <%links_results%> - where is this????? In reply to
Alex

I think you've missed the point. Unless I am wrong link.html only controls the display of a single link. What I am trying to alter is the directory level information which appears above a string of links, eg.

Home: Category

At present this is left justified and I want to centre it. I can't find any htm in either category.html or new.html which appears to control the justification of the display of this information. I assume it must be buried in a cgi script somewhere. Can you point me to the exact location of the htm for this item?????

Cheers
Quote Reply
Take a look in /admin/Links/User/Search.pm about line 140-150
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] <%links_results%> - where is this????? In reply to
Whoah! This is way beyond my limited skills. I figured I would find some html embedded in a text file or a cgi script I could alter but this is (for me) unintelligable. I did download the .pm you suggested but I could not see where the formatting was generated.

Thanks anyway, I guess I'll have to live with the formatting as is.

Quote Reply
Sorry I was looking in the wrong file...I think you need sub build_new in Build.pm

Line 138 try changing:

$output .= $title;

to

$output .= '<center>' . $title . '</center>';

Let me know if I misunderstood.

(/admin/Links/Build.pm)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 24, 2001, 6:45 AM
Quote Reply
Thanks for the idea but I tried it and it did not create the desired effect. In fact, I could not detect any effect! Is $title the string which contains the directory information? I could not work it out from looking at the source.

Have a nice Christmas!
Quote Reply
RedRum

Sorted! Thanks to your guidance and a little bit more perserverence on my part I isolated the places in both Build.pm and Search.pm where the justification in the title is taking place. It was quite close to where you first indicated.

Both files contain a statement where $title is encapsulated with "<p>$title"; - all I did was to insert the <center></center> tags within the quotes and bob's your uncle!

Anyway, thought you'd like to know for future reference. 'Ell of a way to spend Christmas Eve but I enjoyed it!