Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

<%grand_total%> not being written correctly

Quote Reply
<%grand_total%> not being written correctly
Hi.

<%grand_total%> is not being written correctly to the static index.html
deleted the same/did a rebuild and yet it shows 4 instead of 5 as in dynamic mode.

even checked in the source of the index.html after deleting and rebuilding.

What could be wrong?

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] <%grand_total%> not being written correctly In reply to
Try doing Database > Repair Tables, and then doing a build all?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] <%grand_total%> not being written correctly In reply to
Hi Andy.

I tried every bit before i posted and then continued "playing".
The only way i could get the same displayed was:

in home.html right at the place where the <%grand_total%> is there, I included as on <%date%> and then did a build all. Surprisingly, the static version had the count correct.

It couldn't have been a browser cacheing problem because i deleted index.html, build all and even then in the page source as seen from shell, it was displaying the non updated count. It's only with the above inclusion that the count was displayed correctly.

If the above could lead to an insight into the problem.

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Maybe mod_perl caching stuff on your server?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi.

Dynamic mode gives correct count. In dynamic mode it's mod_perl so in case it was cacheing then the dynamic mode should also be giving the problem (maybe im wrong)

Other static pages get updated immediately wrt any changes done and then build all is done.

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Do you have other caching stuff installed on your server? mod_gzip etc? Another thing to check, is the file extension you are using, i.e .php .htm .html .shtml .shtm etc... if you have, for example, index.htm and index.html (default), then the index.htm file will take over.... if that makes sense? Crazy

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
mod_gzip is installed. It is set not to store working files (default config) so all compression is live. I delete the index.html from doc root (that's where the LSQL builds) yes i do get nothing when i access the site. So that clears the doubts on cacheing (either at browser level or at server level --- though i could be wrong)

then i do a buildall --- access the site i still got non updated (till i included that <%date%> alongside.

index.html is the only html page in my doc root and in fact there are no other htm/html/

Confusing for me

ANup