Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

<%category%> Question ???

Quote Reply
<%category%> Question ???
I want to have a second set for <%category%> when it builds the categories.

where or what file is <%category%> assigned from ?

So that I can have <%categorycars%> build for the categories and I would place <%if categorycars%><%categorycars%><%endif%> in the cars category I can asign a category template categorycars.html

So when it builds I want to try and have it build in an alphabetical order going across the top of a page like how dmoz has done it in some of there categories.
Quote Reply
Re: [incik] <%category%> Question ??? In reply to
Do you want a separate template for you Cars category?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] <%category%> Question ??? In reply to
I want to find out where or what file <%category%> builds from ?
Quote Reply
<%category%> is built from category.html.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
I guess your new to links sql cause <%category%> builds into category.html
Quote Reply
Incik,
Not really.

Warning!
<%categorycars%> will NOT built from categorycars.html !!!

<%category%> always builds into category.html.
However there is a feature, which make possible to customize lookout of each category.

Solution:
Go to the Admin page/Database/, then in the Editor downdrop menu, select Category and Modify, then click Go.
Search and find the category you want to customize (e.g. CategoryCars) then type the template filename into the "Category Template" field (e.g. categorycars.html).

That's all. Now you have your own lookout for this category.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
You still dont understand I'm not trying to assign templates.

I'm trying to build a second set of globals for categories like <%category%> and renamed it

<%categorycars%> so it would be easier to understand.

Last edited by:

incik: Apr 4, 2002, 8:06 AM
Quote Reply
I still do not understand. Crazy

Second set of globals?
I don't see any good reason to set a second set of globals or to rename the category tag.

You should describe in details what you want to do and why,
or maybe somebody will understand what you want and will help you. Frown

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
its not really a global its a second set of <%category%> I want to build.

Thats all.

If you go back to my first post it explains what I want to do.
Quote Reply
The <%category%> tag is built in Links::SiteHTML::site_html_print_cat, so you can set a PRE hook on site_html_print_cat if you want to change that routine.

The string of html that is built in Links::SiteHTML::site_html_print_cat is assigned to the <%category%> tag in Links::Build::build_category (line 582). So I guess if you want to add another tag <%custom_category%> you have to set a PRE hook on build_category.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] <%category%> Question ??? In reply to
I just realized what I'm trying to do cant be done cause

it builds the first set of categories then builds and overwrites with the second set.

Is it possible to have the second set of categories to only build for a specific category

and not the entire database ?