Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] Adverts
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of my latest plugin, "Adverts".

Price: $200 - view more

This plugin lets you show adverts on your GLinks install, with ease! It has advanced category targetting features (i.e using Test/% would show in ALL the sub-categories of "Test").

You can also choose from several types of adverts:
  1. By "Impressions" - you set the limit (say 10,000 impressions), and then once those impressions have been exhausted, it will disable the banner
  2. By "Click" - you can set their "balance" , and "price per click", and every time someone clicks on their banner (disinct clicks, not people clicking more than once on the same advert), then their credit will be reduced - until its empty (or too little to actually pay for a click)
  3. By "Date". If you want to sell say 2 months worth of advertising, then you can also do this. Once the date expires, it will then disable the advert for you.
  4. Ability to target adverts on search.cgi, based on the keywords searched.

Please note, this plugin is also part of the following "packages";

Here is a basic run down of the features you will find in this Plugin;

1. Ability to setup your banners with several options:

• isDefault - you can setup the banner to show in as a "default" for its slot. This basically means that if there is no other banner to show - it will show this one
    • By Type - you can setup adverts in the following types:

• Clicks
      • Impressions
      • By Date
    • Advanced category targeting, OR you can set the advert to show up ANYWHERE on your site.
  2. Easy to use admin interface, for managing the adverts
  3. An intuitive interface for your advertisers to login and view their stats. Also has a cool flash graph, so they don't just see loads of numbers =)
  4. 3 different "spots" - i.e Top, Middle and Sidebar
  5. Easy to use code
  6. Requires MOD_REWRITE (or using page.cgi direct) to work at its best - but can also be used via an IFRAME.
  7. You can assign banners to show on certain scripts too - for example, if you enter RATE, it will be rotated on any calls to rate.cgi.
  8. You can now target banner to specific keywords, when run via search.cgi. For example, if someone searches for "computer", and you have an advert assigned to that - it will show that banner.
  9. You can use a - (minus) sign, to exclude specific categories from showing an advert.
For screenshots and more, please visit: http://www.ultranerds.com/Products/Plugins/Gossamer_Links_Plugins/Paid_Plugins/3_x_Version/Adverts_L277/

As always, if you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask here, or email me (andy@ultranerds.com)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Jan 7, 2010, 10:42 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] Adverts In reply to
Hi,

A new version is now out, which just has a few enhancements to the "stats" area. You can now just click on links:

Today
Yesterday
This month
Last Month
This Year

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Just interested, I'm using AdCycle now for displaying ads on my site.

Should I transfer to this plugin? In another words, Adverts VS Adcycle?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] [NEW PLUGIN] Adverts In reply to
Hi,

It depends really on what you're after =)

The AdCycle one lets you target by category - but the whole system is very clumsy (especially with lots of categories). This plugin lets you do much more stuff - and even do keyword targetting on search result pages.

I can't remember which package you own. .. if its the PRO package, then you already own this plugin - so just install it, and then maybe put the adverts in the footer of your template - so you can test it out, and see what you think :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Yes, I'm the owner of PRO package, that is why I'm asking this.

Ok, will try it then soon.

Btw, your plugin do keyword targetting. How about category targetting? Can it do that? Or maybe is some near future?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Category targetting is one of its strongest features ;) (was why I originally wrote it). The keyword targetting isn't as powerful - but was just an "add on" I wrote into the plugin while developing it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Just interested, how does this plugin works with FLASH banners?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

The new version I have (still in beta), has the option to enter full HTML code. Unfortunately, it doesn't track clicks or anything like that (just impressions)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

The new version I have (still in beta), has the option to enter full HTML code. Unfortunately, it doesn't track clicks or anything like that (just impressions)

Cheers

Is this version out? Or will be soon?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Its not officially released, but it should work fine (someone else is using it on their site now, and as far as I know there are no issues for him)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
So, this is available for download on members area or?

Also, have some suggestion/questions:

1. Is it possible to add more then three spots?

2. Can you add URL to banner image and not to choose it from local drive?

3. Is it possible to add text links, pop-up banners, floating banners?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Please email me, and I can send it over (also send me your ultranerds login, as I can't remember which package you own :))

Quote:
1. Is it possible to add more then three spots?

Not currently - but I may well add that feature in at some point.

Quote:
2. Can you add URL to banner image and not to choose it from local drive?

You mean add a URL, and then have HTML that shows the banner? If so, I'm afraid not - it needs to have the image uploaded, so you can use the "Destination URL" field.

Quote:
3. Is it possible to add text links, pop-up banners, floating banners?

Adding text links is ok - as you can use the "HTML" advert bit. For floating banners and popups, I'm afraid not (at least not currently). I may also make it so at some point, you can enter some text for the link - and then have the link go through the advertising system (to track clicks etc) ... but again, not something I can add at the moment (too much on my plate at the moment)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
One more feature maybe would be nice.

To pull keywords from build-in keylogger (search logs table) so user can choose from this list (which should be sorted by counts, results etc). This would be cool feature to test your AJAX skills ;)

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Will see about that when I get some time (if I get any time soon Tongue)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hm...

HTML ads not working that quite good.

You cannot edit HTML when you edit banner.

Also, Advert_HTML column in Adverts table is set to varchar(255) and if you use some HTML from other ad companies (like google adsense) this code is too large or coulmn is too small so there are errors.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Mmm, I thought I changed that field to a TEXT (instead of CHAR) ... will check it out in a bit.

Re the editing of the HTML field when editing a banner - are all the other bits working when adding banners etc? Can you send me logins so I can take a look? (by email please, as I'm not a fan of using PM's ;))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
There is also no field "ACTIVE" when you add banner. You must first add it and then edit it to make it active.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Ah, looks like I sent over the wrong version - sorry. Have uploaded the new version to your install, and looks much better now.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
If I have two banners on one "spot". How will they display? 50:50 times or random?

Maybe "weight" would be nice for some future version ;)

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

At the moment, they are just done via RAND() , but yes - I am looking at adding a "weight" feature

So many features to add, so little time Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk