Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

whats cool by average hits

Quote Reply
whats cool by average hits
I'd like to use average hits to determine what's cool instead of raw hits similar to the mod for Links2. Anyone done this? What's cool is pretty worthless to me when I have links from 1999 that start with "a" sucking up all the cool spots ;)
Quote Reply
Re: [scifiguy] whats cool by average hits In reply to
One question you should ask youself:

Average by what?

Average of total hits for all links, Average number of hits per day, average number of hits per month, etc.

"Average" is a bit ambiguous. Contextualize it a bit more and someone may be able to help.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] whats cool by average hits In reply to
Average hits per day or month would be good. I think the Links2 mod used per day and it seemed to work well.

Really, as long as newer links have a chance to get in there its all good. I want cool to mean "has been getting a lot of hits lately" not "has gotten the most hits ever". I'm not so fussy about exactly how that is accomplished Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [scifiguy] whats cool by average hits In reply to
Average hits per last XX day (e.g. average of last 30 day) would be more accurate, because it will not need to start every site, every month from 0.
I would like it. The idea would get a + vote from me.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...