Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

vBulletin plug-in download

Quote Reply
vBulletin plug-in download
Where can I download the vBulletin plug-in? Thanks.

Carl

Quote Reply
Re: vBulletin plug-in download In reply to
admin.cgi?page=plugin_manager.html&plugin_man_do=download

It's number 8 on the page.

And it don't work too well :(

Quote Reply
Thanks, Andy. I gather you don't recommend it. If it's buggy, I'll probably pass. Can you provide any more feedback? Thanks.

Carl

Quote Reply
Carl, you might want to take a look at the thread below that Andy posted. The good news is that Alex says he is going to work on it, Yea!

Take care,

Jay

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...w=collapsed&sb=5

Quote Reply
It works fine unless you're allowing the users to own links really. But you use it fine for logging in and other such niceities.

Quote Reply
Thanks everyone for the info. I'm in the process of setting up a new LinksSQL directory with vBulletin Board. No one will own the links. All submissions will come through me for validation.

What I'd like is for users to only have to register once on the site for both link submission and bulletin board access. Is this what the plug-in does? Is it stable for this much functionality? Can the user register in either location?

Thanks,

Carl

Quote Reply
if you want the links to be owned by the user who submitted them then the plugin will disable the modification of links. if you don't then there isn't much point having the plugin. shame huh?

the user has to reg up via vbulletin