Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

user tag in validate_form

Quote Reply
user tag in validate_form
I did a dump of the tags available for the validate_user form and there's a tag named user. What is that tag for?

Reason I ask is I need to be able to tie the user to the validation form. I have a global that calculates how old a person is and I thought it would be easy to just use that global tag on the validate form (essentially hiding the validate form if they were under 13 and enabling it if they were 13 or older).

Thanks,
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
What's your Green Promise?
Quote Reply
Re: [kthull] user tag in validate_form In reply to
Hi,

I think its a collection of trags.

Try:

Code:
<%DUMP user%>

..in the email template, and then make it so you are sent an email.

I believe it lets you use stuff like:

Code:
<%user.Username%>

...etc :)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [kthull] user tag in validate_form In reply to
On that template, the user hasn't been authenticated or loaded, so there shouldn't be a user tag. We don't know who the user is yet. Is there an actual username or data?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] user tag in validate_form In reply to
I was originally hoping I could pass the username so I could access an age global. I've come up with a suitable workaround though.

Thanks anyway.
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
What's your Green Promise?