Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

upload an html together wioth the link

Quote Reply
upload an html together wioth the link
Hi,

I would like to use links SQL in a special way.
I would like to give the possibility to users to upload html pages together with images.
In this way in the directory there will be links to internal pages.

Is there any plugin that does this or a part of this?
For instance is there any that enable to upload an image or an attached doc together when inserting a link?
Is it possible to link not to an external ressource but to an internal page?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

vercyb
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] upload an html together wioth the link In reply to
Isn't Detailed Page feature good for you?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] upload an html together wioth the link In reply to
>> Is there any plugin that does this or a part of this?

yes, there are several that do it differently.

>> For instance is there any that enable to upload an image or an attached doc together when inserting a link?

Not out of the box, but it would not be hard to fix up to make it do that.

>> Is it possible to link not to an external ressource but to an internal page?

Most definitely, and there are several ways to do that, using embedded URL's, using the dynamic page system, or potentially using the Page Builder plugin (I don't know it's capability exactly).

As mentioned, there is already a "detailed page" built in, and perhaps modifying that page is all you need to do. Allow users to fill in a form, and upload images, which are displayed on that page. You also get the benefit of not having bad HTML which can be a danger.

By setting the link.html template to link to the detail page, not the URL, you've effectively, and simply, created an internally linking system.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.