Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
thumb_images_GD issue
The plugin appears to install ok, but when I click the readme tab I get this message:

Unable to load plugin: Thumb_Images_GD (Can't locate Image/Resize.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD.pm line 27.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD.pm line 27.Compilation failed in require at admin.cgi line 205.) at admin.cgi line 207.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks

Piglet

Last edited by:

piglet: Feb 3, 2010, 2:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [piglet] thumb_images_GD issue In reply to
Hi,

As per my email, it looks like Image::Resize isn't installed on your server.

You may also wanna check GD::Image is installed too, as thats a requirement too.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] thumb_images_GD issue In reply to
Thanks Andy, I think GD::image is installed....but the error message has now changed to:

A fatal error has occured:

Unable to load plugin: Thumb_Images_GD (Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Image/Magick/Magick.so' for module Image::Magick: libMagickCore.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD.pm line 1247Compilation failed in require at /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD.pm line 1247.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/yogi1/www/cgi-bin/links/admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD.pm line 1247.Compilation failed in require at admin.cgi line 205.) at admin.cgi line 207 Can you tell from this what is still missing?Thanks! Piglet

Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmmm weird, looks like a line managed to stray in on that version:

Code:
use Image::Magick;

In /admin/Plugins/Thumb_Images_GD.pm, please find that line and delete it. Hopefully, it will work then =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Thanks Andy...that seemed to be the problem, I can now view the readme section! Smile

I am a little bit lost on how to make it work though...do I need to add a column or columns in the database to store images...
and also is there some code that I need to add to the addlink to allow users to upload images, we really want only admin to be able to add images, is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!

Piglet
Quote Reply
Hi,

To add a new field, you need to goto Database > Links > Properties , and then "Add Field"

The format should be:
Code:
Column Name: TheImageField
Column Type: CHAR
Column Size: 255

Form Display: The Image Field
Form Type: FILE
Form Size: 10

File Save Location: /home/domain.com/public_html/path/to/folder
File Save URL: http://www.yourdomain.com/path/to/folder

Form Regex: ^([%\w-_]+\.(?:jpe?g|JPE?G|gif|GIF|png|PNG)|)$

Then, in the plugin settings you need to add the field "TheImageField" to the "ImageFields" setting.

If you don't want the image option to be shown for users, then just don't add the HTML to the include_form.html template, and they won't be able to add any images :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you for that Andy...it is now working fine Smile

Piglet